Thanks for purchasing our products and services at Race Engine Build Ltd
1.The terms of the agreement between us (the Company – RACE ENGINE BUILD LTD: Company Number: 10438712; VAT registration number: GB305001866) and you (the Customer) relating to the repair, servicing, or other work described as (“Work”) to the vehicle identified as (the “Vehicle”) and/or the supply of goods, parts, or
other things to be supplied by the Company, whether or not in conjunction with the Work (“Goods”), are intended to be contained in these terms and conditions. You should make sure that any amendment or addition is confirmed in writing by one of our duly authorized representatives if you wish to rely on it.
2. This Agreement shall be deemed to be amended rather than a new Agreement in place if we agree to any variation in the Work to be done or the Goods to be supplied.
3. The courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over this agreement, which will be
governed by English law.
4. You guarantee that you are the legal owner of the vehicle or have been given permission by the owner to enter into this agreement for the works to be performed on it.
PRICING AND QUOTES
5. A Quote is our best guess / estimate as to how much the Work and/or Goods will likely cost and is valid for 14 days from the date we send it to you.
6. Any quote is based on the Goods’ published price as of the quote’s creation. We will let you know of any resulting price increase if the manufacturer or another supplier of the Goods modifies the published price after the quote’s due date. You may give notice within 14 days of the cancellation of this Agreement if the increase will be greater than ten percent (10%) of the total quote. The quote will be changed as suggested if we don’t get cancellation notice within this time frame.
7. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, we will notify you and stop working on the project if it appears that
the quote will be exceeded by more than 10% of the total, unless you give us your express permission to do so.
8. If you have given us your vehicle for a quote but have not accepted it, or if you have rejected it but have not picked up the vehicle within 14 days of the quote date or (if later) the cancellation date, we may charge you for the storage of the vehicle starting at the end of that time period at our current rates.
WORK COMPLITION AND PAYMENT
10. Subject to any delays beyond our reasonable control, we will use reasonable efforts to complete the Work or
supply the Goods within the time frame we have given you.
11. We are free to subcontract all or any portion of the work, but we will be accountable for the quality of the work
performed by the subcontractors.
12. If, for any reason, we are unable to complete the Work in its entirety, we will only bill you for the Goods that
were actually supplied or installed and a fair amount for any Work that was actually completed.
13. If you don’t have a formal credit account with us, in which case you must abide by the terms set forth in
relation to the operation of such an account. You must pay for the Work and/or Goods in full before collection. We usually require 35% advance payment of the quote/ estimate to start working on your project. The rest must be paid before collection/delivery. We will notify you when the Work is finished and the Vehicle and/or the Goods are ready for collection.
14. A credit/debit card, a bank transfer are preferable forms of payment. Cash over £2000.00 are not accepted by us.
15. Until you have paid in full for the Work, Goods, and storage fees (if any), we are allowed to keep the Vehicle
16. If you don’t pay the full amount owed and don’t pick up the goods or vehicle:
(a) We charge you, at our rates in effect at the time, for the storage of the Vehicle starting from the end of that period, within 10 days of being notified that the Work is finished and/or the Goods are ready for collection.
(b) If you have not paid the full amount and have not picked up the vehicle and/or the goods before the notice
period expires, we may (after giving you 10 days’ notice of our intention to do so) sell the vehicle and/or the goods, deduct the amount owing to us (including statutory interest, storage fees, and sale costs), and then pay the remaining balance to you.
17. The Goods will be deemed to have
been delivered to you at our premises when you pick them up, unless otherwise
agreed in writing, and the contract will then be considered to have been
18. Until the vehicle is picked up, we will keep all parts replaced during any Work done, excluding any that must
be returned under warranty or service exchange agreements, and we are free to dispose of them as we see fit if you do not specifically request them when picking up the vehicle.
RISK AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
19. Until the full amount of the purchase has been paid, the Goods will remain our property. However, once they
are delivered to you, you will be liable for any loss or damage, so you should purchase appropriate insurance.
LOSS OR DAMAGE AND LIABILITY
20. We guarantee the Work will be free of defects for a period of three months or three thousand miles, whichever comes first, from the date the Work is finished. This warranty, however, will not be valid if the vehicle is involved in an accident, if and to the extent that a defect is caused or made worse by you, or if additional work is done on the vehicle somewhere else, or
(a) If the vehicle was remapped/ECU modified;
(b) If you fail to report the defect to us promptly and give us the opportunity to examine the vehicle and try to
fix it or, if necessary, to get an independent main dealer report on the job;
(c) Failing to follow the manufacturer’s or our instructions regarding the treatment, maintenance, and
care of the Vehicle and/or Goods, or failing to have it/them serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
(d) Fitting the Vehicle, or allowing
it to be fitted, with parts or accessories that have not been approved by the manufacturer;
(e) Using the Vehicle, or allowing it to be used as a hire car;
21. When appropriate, we will sell products with the manufacturer’s warranty still in effect. In addition to your statutory rights, the manufacturer’s warranty is still in effect and is unaffected by a change in ownership of the goods. Any other dealer in the EEA authorized directly or indirectly by the manufacturer may perform repair work under the manufacturer’s warranty. They may then either repair or replace the defective goods, or (if they determine that repair or replacement is not economically feasible) refund a reasonable portion of the price you paid for them.
22. You must follow the usage guidelines, warnings, and other technical instructions and information we
provide you with the goods.
23. We expressly exclude all liability in relation to the implied terms of satisfactory quality or fitness
for purpose and for loss of profit, goodwill or contracts or depreciation of goods and for any indirect, consequential or economic loss, except where you are acting as a consumer and except for fraud or for death or personal injury resulting from our own negligence.
24. While the vehicle is in the workshop, you should remove any valuable items that are not directly related to
the vehicle because we will not assume responsibility for their loss or damage.
25. In order to be eligible for a refund, you have to return the product within 14 calendar days of your
purchase. The product must be in the same condition that you receive it and undamaged in any way. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
26. After we receive your item, our team of professionals will inspect it and process your refund. The money will be refunded to the original payment method you’ve used during the purchase. For credit card payments it may take 5 to 10 business days for a refund to show up on your credit card statement.
27. If the product is damaged in any way, or you have initiated the return after 14 calendar days have passed,
you will not be eligible for a refund. If anything is unclear or you have more questions feel free to contact our customer support team.
28. In the event that you owe us money for any outstanding Goods and we owe you money as well, we reserve the right to set off the amount you owe us against the amount we owe you and only
pay you the difference.
29. Any notice given under this Agreement must be in writing and sent by mail to the address/email listed above for the person to whom it is addressed. It is considered received when the mail reaches its
destination within a reasonable amount of time.
30. If you submit a complaint to us, we will handle it in accordance with our complaints handling procedure, a copy of which is available upon request. Financial Ombudsman Service may be contacted regarding financial services complaints that we are unable to resolve. The use of this service is free. You can reach them by phone at 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123, online at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. You can also visit their website for more information.
As a consumer, if a non-financial services-related dispute arises and cannot be resolved between us in a
reasonable amount of time, you may refer the issue to The Motor Ombudsman, the government-backed self-regulatory body for the automotive industry, which offers a free independent advisory and conciliation service. You can reach their dedicated Consumer Advice Line at 0345 241 3008, submit an inquiry or a complaint online at https://www.themotorombudsman.org, or send a letter to The Motor Ombudsman at 71 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2BN for more information on this service. Regarding disputes between businesses please see our complaint handling process.